The #2030library responses to new trends in development and technology.
It must become an (internet-based) capability for all people (citizens), business, and government agencies (local authorities), to easily find and access printed or online content that is of interest to their learning or coping in a sustainable and inclusive manner with the livelihood challenges they face.
The figure below shows common resources, e.g. "Library collection", stakeholders, e.g. "Library patron", alongside the pursued capability and essential courses of action for creating the desired capability:
- #isic9101jk - the local public library journey, the local course of action to be implemented in all towns
- #isic910101 - appoint a librarian in each town
- #isic910102 - enhance library services in each town
- #isic910103 - integrate the world's online collection in the local library
If a product or service exists already, then it will be listed as a partner or collaborative system or service.
If a product or service doesn't exist yet (to our knowledge), then the functional requirements for it will be elaborated in #lib08 - Products and services.
A library patron's use case: The extent to which we, individually, as business, communities or nations, already live in a sustainable and inclusive manner is reflected in our scores for the indicators for the targets of the Sustainable Development Goals.
With an online #2030library at our disposal, each of us should only need seconds to check our achieving of the targets in:
- our life and work,
- our industries, and
- the services and governance by our national and local governments.
A brief video explaining how to find the #WWlgu page for a town, city, state or province which includes the link to its open data.
Read more #DIY Do-it-yourself discovery via #tag guidelines.
- List down your municipality, county, state and country.
- Look up online statistical data at Knoema.
- Find the #WWlgu hashtag to use when sharing this data via social media.
- Find other open data that may be available from local government websites.
- Use the appropriate #WWlgu hashtag to share it.
- Share in the comment section of this page the #WWlgu hashtag and the geographical locations for which you have shared open data.
- Use this page's hashtag #lib01.
This page is part of the requirements for a #2030Library - A global library for Localizing the Sustainable Development Goals (and fighting the emergence of #AltFacts in public policy).
Other sub-sections under #2030library
- #lib01 - The purpose of a #2030library
- #lib02 - Library stakeholders
- #lib03 - Constraints for beneficiaries and systems
- #lib04 - Naming conventions and term use
- #lib05 - Facts, business rules and assumptions
- #lib06 - Partner livelihoods
- #lib07 - Livelihood and library data
- #lib08 - Products and services
- #lib11 - Non-functional requirements (NFR)
- #lib12 - Project Issues
Questions, answers and comments
I Keep six honest serving-men:
(They taught me all I knew)
Their names are What and Where and When
And How and Why and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
I send them east and west;
But after they have worked for me,
I give them all a rest.
But different folk have different views:
I know a person small—
She keeps ten million serving-men,
Who get no rest at all!
She sends 'em abroad on her own affairs,
From the second she opens her eyes—
One million Hows, two million Wheres,
And seven million Whys!